Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rana Daggubati’s language trouble in ‘Dum Maro Dum’

Rana Daggubati in dum maroo dum Rana Daggubatis language trouble in Dum Maro Dum

Rana Daggubati, who was playing a a Goan rock musician in the Bollywood film Dum Maro Dum says he had to get rid of his Hyderabadi accent and learn Goan Hindi to fit into the role.

“I had to get rid of my Hyderabadi Hindi and learn Goan Hindi. It wasn’t easy because the two kinds of Hindis were mutually incompatible. I had to unlearn one kind of Hindi and then learn a new kind. Since I was brought up in Chennai, I speak fluent Tamil and Telugu. I am confused about which language to sing in,” said Rana,

Rana will be rushing to Mumbai to promote DMD and then comes back to Hyderabad because he has a Telugu release Nenu Na Rakshasi.

“It’s a hectic time. I am not nervous because DMD is not really a debut for me. I’ve already gone through that acid test with my Leader last year,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment