Monday, March 28, 2011

‘I am not a party animal’-Tamannah

Tamanna hot ‘I am not a party animal’ Tamannah

Among top-of-the-line actresses, starlet Tamannah is racing ahead with a slew of big-ticket entertainers with reigning Gen X stars like Jr NTR, Allu Arjun, Naga Chaitanya and Ram Charan Tej. In fact, her re-entry after an 18-months stint in K-town, has been rocking and she is being hailed as the flavour of the season. Does she think that her second innings in T-town has been more fruitful than her first (post-Happy Days)?

“It’s not my second innings since I was always around. I picked some K-town offers to explore new zones,” she reasons. However, her comeback trail got a strong footing with back-to-back films with Allu Arjun (Badrinath) and Naga Chaitanya (100% Love)? “Actually, I signed these two-films just after Happy Days but things took shape only last year. No doubt, these two big films have given new impetus to my career,” she informs. On her co-stars Naga Chaitanya and Allu Arjun, she says, “Naga Chaitanya is very calm and cool whereas Allu Arjun is flamboyant. Both were, however, encouraging and helpful,” she points out.


But on the surface, her roles in both these films seem to be similar. Is she unmindful of repeating herself? “No, both the roles have their own variations since the lover girl in 100% Love carries an attitude and is tad determined. About Badrinath, director Vinayak himself told me that he had sketched a meaty role for a heroine, for the first time in his career,” she opines.


Talking about her competition with other leading ladies like Trisha and Ileana, she says, “I don’t believe in these number games and just like to do my work and relax,” she cuts short.


With such a roaring T-town innings, it seems that she has bid adieu to Kollywood. Isn’t she, now, preferring T-town over K-town since the remuneration is almost double here? “Not just money, I take other factors into consideration apart from money before taking up an offer,” she explains. Her signing spree seemed to have affected the two stars Allu Arjun and Naga Chaitanya, who were made to wait for weeks, for her dates. “I felt bad about it so I actually, stretched up my working hours and didn’t even take small breaks to fulfill those commitments. Next time around, I’ll try to avoid dates clashes,” she says, emphatically.


All work and no play, hasn’t dampened her spirits. “Working is almost like a paid holiday for me and I cherish every moment of it,” she informs. Neither she indulges in stress-busting activities like partying, “I am not a party animal but now I have stopped attending even private dos due to my hectic work. This summer, I would be sweating it out in studios, than jetting off to a hill station, since I am running against time,” she signs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment