Thursday, March 24, 2011

Blind cricketer changed Shriya’s life

Shriya Saran Item Song Picture 8 Blind cricketer changed Shriya’s life

We all know that Shriya is into Spa business. The specialty of the Spa is visually challenged people will work in the Spa. It is something Shriya wanted to do for them from long time. It is something giving back to society.

How she got the inspiration or what exactly motivated her to take up this noble cause? “It all started off when I was in college — I misread a bus number and landed at an institute for the blind where children in the campus were playing cricket with a ball that makes a sound. I went up to the boy who was batting to ask for directions to find my way back. He asked me what brought me to the campus in the first place and after I explained, he remarked, ‘Didi, I don’t miss a single ball that’s bowled even though I am blind, how come you can see and misread your bus number?’ That remark changed my life!” says thrilled Shriya.

Let’s wish her success and hope more and more visually challenged people will be employed by her in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment